Remembering Bill Bolick (October 28, 1917 – March 13, 2008), along with his brother Earl Bolick (November 16, 1919 – April 19, 1998)from East Hickory, formed an American country music duo, The Blue Sky Boy, whose careers spanned over forty years. They made their first recordings in Charlotte, North Carolina on June 16, 1936. Due to personal issues, the Blue Sky Boys retired in 1951.
Bill became a postal clerk in his birth state and Earl took a job at Lockheed Aircraft in Atlanta. It was not until 1962, when Starday Records released an LP of their radio recordings, that they decided to reunite and record again. by the end of the 1960s they had decided to call it quits again. Once more, in 1975, they were convinced to record again, this time for Rounder Records, and another round of folk and bluegrass circuit touring ensued. Following this Bill moved back to his birthplace and lived in Longview NC and Earl retired to Tucker, Georgia. In the 1990s, Copper Creek Records issued a series of four albums with live radio transcriptions from the 1940s.